Prof. Dr. Martin Welp
Born: November 16, 1966 in Ulvila, Finland
Languages: Finnish, German, English, Swedish
- Doctoral Thesis in 1998 at the Technical University Berlin, Institute for Management in Environmental Planning. Funded by the Academy of Finland and the Maj and Tor Nessling Foundation.
- Masters Degree in 1993 at the University of Helsinki, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, Department of Land Use Economics.
- 2000-2006 Senior scientist at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), Department of Global Change & Social Systems. Founding member and contact person of European Climate Forum (later renamed to Global Climate Forum)
- 1999-2000 Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Technology at the Darmstadt University of Technology.
- Project work a.o. at the Cooperation and Consultancy Point for Environmental Questions (Technical University Berlin), European Forest Institute (Joensuu, Finland), Service Centre for Development Cooperation (Helsinki) and Coalition for Environment and Development (Helsinki).