Forestry System Transformation (M.Sc.)
Prof. Dr. Carsten Mann
Head of study programme
FST ... in a nutshell
- Consecutive degree programme for graduates of forestry, applied forestry or environmental sciences degrees
- FOCUS: socio-economics, integrated forest ecosystem recource management
- GOALS: students develop an understanding of the impact of the changing conditions and changing use of forest resources on forest ecosystems, ecosystem goods and services and the connected value-added chain
- Beginning winter semester 2018/19, annually hereafter
- 4 semester (120 ECTS points)
- Full-time university-based degree
- Vacancy: 25
- Language: Englisch (B2)
News & Events
Start of studies: Most welcome to the Faculty of Forest and Environment!
The introductory week for winter term 2021/22 starts on 20th September 2021.
A voluntary one-week intensive course in English, to facilitate the introduction to the English- language teaching of the study programme, or an introduction to the German language and culture, for a better understanding of your possibly new host country, will start at 13th of Semptember 2021 on-site at Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development. If you plan to participate in one of the courses, please let us know at the latest by September 5th (to: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Further information on the opening session and introductory week for our first semester master students! (DOWNLOAD) If you want to participate on-site please note following information: Corona-information.pdf
FST has its first graduate! Congratulations to Kristina JÃ¤ger on her graduation!
Article about this under the following link
First Tiny Forest in Germany!
Germany's first Tiny Forest was realized on a private property in the Uckermark ðŸŒ³ðŸŒ² The idea behind the "Forest of Diversity" project: This rapidly growing microhabitat is intended to make a contribution to climate protection that is also easy for others to imitate. The project is being implemented by Stefan Scharfe (Forestry System Transformation M.Sc.) and Lukas SteingÃ¤sser (International Forest Ecosystem Management B.Sc.)...
Image: T. Cremer
During the introductory week, the FST first semester students of the WiSe 2019/20 took part in an excursion to the climbing forest (24th of September 2019)
Report on the excursion of the FST students to the 9th National Forum on biological Diversity in Berlin on the 10th October 2018