Prof. Dr. Martin Welp
TRANSECT â Agrarian and Social-Ecological Complexities. Local Bioeconomy Scenarios in Central and South Asia
- OekoFlussPlan â Preservation of selected Ecosystem Services in the Riparian Areas of the Naryn River (Kyrgyzstan) using renewable Energy Technologies and Short Rotation Coppices, involving sustainable Land and Water Management and Capacity Building
- Food security and livelihood improvement through agroforestry in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan) funded by BMBF (05/2017 - 04/2019).
EcoCAR (Ecosystem Assessment and Capacity Building for Sustainable Management of Floodplains along the Central Asian Rivers Tarim (Xinjiang/China) and Naryn (Kyrgyzstan) funded by VolkswagenStiftung. Projekt lead: KU EichstĂ€tt-Ingolstadt. URL: www.ecocar-centralasia.com
Exploring innovative ways of financing for climate compatible development in Asian cities. Project lead: Germanwatch. Funded by: CDKN Climate Compatible Development Impact Research Fund (CIRF).
SuMaRiO (Sustainable Management of River Oases along the Tarim River / China) funded by BMBF (2011-2016). URL: www.sumario.de
-> Ecosystem services and ecosystem functions of urban and periurban oasis vegetation (Workpackage 4.3)
-> Transdisciplinary analysis and implementation of dust and heat stress management (Workpackage 5.2.2)
Analysis of the efficiency and effectiveness of payments for ecosystem services for water management and carbon sequestration within the cooperative graduate programme Adaptive Nature Conservation under Climate Change (2009-2012).
Forest and Climate Change: Optimizing forest management and conservation to account for multiple interactions with the climate. Research programme at the Helsinki University Centre for Environment.
-> Stakeholder Analysis (Workpackage 4.1)
Stakeholder Dialogues on Natural Resource Management under Climate Change in NW China (01/2010-06/2010). Funded by BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research). URL: http://www.dcjwb.net/
- Stakeholder Dialoge: Chancen und Risiken des Klimawandels (02/2009- 01/2011)
with the Institute for Ecological Economy Research (IĂW). Funded by Umweltbundesamt (Federal Environmental Agency / KomPass).
- Ressourceneffizienz bei der Verwertung lignocellulosehaltiger Rohstoffe ("From Waste to Wealth", 09/2008-02/2010). With the Frauenhofer Institut fĂŒr Holzforschung, Wilhelm-Klauditz-Insitut (WKI). Funded by BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research).
- Entwicklung eines grenzĂŒberschreitenden Managementkonzepts fĂŒr das Karpaten-BiosphĂ€renreservat (2009-2010). Funded by Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt.